This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education® (ACCME®) through the joint providership of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®) and Masters in Breast Surgery – Education and Events, LLC®. The ASPS® is accredited by the ACCME® to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS® designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Of the 11.5 credits, 7 credits have been identified as applicable to patient safety.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgeons, trainees, and other allied health professionals interested in translating their expanding knowledge of team-based approaches to breast reconstruction and breast reconstruction procedures into practice, improving patient care, and improving outcomes.
1. Understand the rationale for the design and use of breast implants
2. Have a more in-depth understanding of the various techniques used to treat breast ptosis and macromastia
3. Demonstrate a better understanding for the strategies and techniques used to treat complications after aesthetic breast surgery
2. Patient Care and Procedural Skills
3. Medical Knowledge
4. Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
5. Interpersonal and Communication Skills
6. Systems-Based Practice
The ASPS® requires all faculty, authors, planners, reviewers, managers, and other individuals in a position to control or influence the content of an activity to disclose all relevant financial relationship or affiliations. All Identified conflicts of interest must be resolved and the educational content thoroughly vetted by ASPS® for fair balance, scientific objectivity, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. The ASPS® also requires faculty/authors to disclose when off-label/unapproved uses of a product are discussed in a CME activity or included in related materials.